About the Lowy Gift
The Centre is named in recognition of leading businessman and philanthropist Frank Lowy and his family, who donated $10 million towards the cost of the new building – one of the largest single philanthropic donations received by the University.
The Lowy family gift further cements the close ties the Lowy family has with UNSW. Frank Lowy was awarded the Doctor of Letters in 1999 and his wife Shirley graduated from UNSW as a mature age student. His three sons, David, Peter and Steven all have Commerce degrees from UNSW, Their wives, Margo, Janine and Judy hold UNSW degrees too.
Other significant funding for this project has been provided by:
- NSW Government ($18 million)
- The Commonwealth Government of Australia ($13 million)
- UNSW Australia
- Children’s Cancer Institute Australia
- The Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- CCIA 10 Out of 10 Capital Appeal Donors
Back to top